Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Summed Up In A Couple Of Paragraphs

I’ve decided this year needs it’s own wrap up. We’ve gone through a lot of changes in 2008 and I wanted to get them down for later review.

The year started off with Lisa in Zanesville and me in Virginia. Lisa did make it to Stafford for New Years but as I recall it wasn’t that great. We went to an Italian restaurant called Amici’s I think. The food was okay and the guy playing the piano was loud.

Lisa made it out to Virginia on several more occasions. We did the trips to D.C. and Gettysburg and that kind of stuff. Basically your typical fun-filled Brian and Lisa activities. During the year we pursued our favorite pastime and went to a movie just about every week this past summer. We saw Ironman, Baby Momma, and The Dark Knight, Quantum of Solace, Rock'n'Rolla, Marley & Me and more than I can remember. All the time I had been applying for a new job. I enjoyed the job at Quantico and felt like I was just starting to get the hang of being a site manger and there I was looking for a career change. And as some of you know I got the new job.

So in June Lisa, Moon and I moved to St Charles, Missouri. We've really liked it here but it never felt like home. We were renting because I wasn't sure if I would like the new job or not. It was a nice house but not ours. We had a whole parade of visitors to St Charles. My niece Ashley, Lisa's sister, her brother and mother, her niece and nephew and my Mom and Dad all came out on different occasions. The normal site to take our visiting tourists was the Jefferson Expansion National Memorial (ie the Arch). One of our favorite pastimes was barbecuing in the back yard and beer on the front porch, watching traffic go by and gas prices go up and down. Sometime in October I applied for a transfer to Colorado Springs. I was passed over at first. The guy Colorado Springs hired turned them down and I got a second chance. It was a no brainer to accept but it was still a tough thing to do. Lisa started preparing for the move.

Finally the week of Christmas we moved our household goods to Littleton and Colorado Springs. I've returned to St Louis to work until January 16th. I'm staying at Intown Suites which is a pretty anticlimactic way to depart from a good home although Lisa came in for the New Year and we're staying at a nice Marriott in Creve Coeur. Like I mentioned, we've loved it here in St Charles, it was really our first home together as a family and we'll miss it I'm sure. The 29th of December was an especially rough day. Lisa and I went to the house one last time to drop off keys and we got pretty sad saying good bye to the neighborhood. And then we went to see the worst movie ever and that didn't help.

No comments: