Monday, December 15, 2008

The Start Of The Christmas Season

Lisa and I spent the afternoon filling out Christmas cards and prepping them for mailing. Lisa is very good about sending out cards every year and for some reason I can't help but imagine that is the case in most marriages. The wife is the responsible, sociable one. I don't think I sent more than three Christmas cards my entire life before I got married. Of course Lisa pointed out that with the exception of my family I really only have three friends to begin with. Most of the cards were for her friends.

We spent the day taking Moon to the vet, running to Goodwill to get rid of stuff we don't want to move, Walmart for packing supplies and Office Max to get our Christmas letter printed up. After doing chores in 11 degree weather it was nice to sit down and write out cards to friends and family I don't think about enough. This year we'll be moving during Christmas week and I'll actually be flying from Colorado to St Louis on the 25th so it really won't feel much like the holidays. Today is probably as close as I'll get to being in the spirit until next year. That's okay though since I don't like Christmas all that much anyway.

No comments: