Thursday, June 12, 2008

Last Day

I just got back from my last day at work. I have one more day for travel and that will be it. It still doesn't feel like anything is changing. It's a normal everyday occurrence to leave a job when it's finished so I guess it just feels like moving on to the next job. I'm wondering when it'll feel real. I have to say that I've had a charmed life when the most traumatic thing to happen is changing jobs. Dad worked for the same company for 40 years, Mom tended to stay with a job until she was laid off when a place went out of business. I guess it's a generational and locality thing. Southeastern Ohio is one of those places that has been on the decline for decades so when you get a job you cling to it for dear life, even when it's shitty. I might not live there but I have that mentality.

Well, I can't say I'm nervous about the move. I've been going back and forth on how I feel and right this minute, I'm looking forward to the new experience. Check with me tomorrow though.

No comments: