Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Potpourri

Lisa left to go on a camping trip with her brother and his kids tonight. She'll be gone for four days camping in, of all places, Missouri. She's gotten a little better with the Costochondritis she's had for about a week now. Better but not over it. I'll be worried while she's gone but she refused to leave her brother hanging. She's stubborn that way. It's very endearing.

I've been going through all of these crazy distractions lately. A trait I get from my father is this desire for some kind of hobby. It usually involves cars or trucks and I usually bother those around me with the details of plots that more than likely will never come to pass. A couple of my half-baked obsessions right now are an AEV Brute - It's a conversion kit to turn a TJ Jeep into a pick up. There's even an optional Hemi V8 conversion kit for it. It's stonkin' (which I believe is Scottish slang for bad assed). I would settle for a cheaper, low mileage Jeep to work on a little too. Or a 1999 or 2000 Toyota Tacoma, just like Lisa's. I've even been thinking of fixing up Lisa's, you know a tasteful little lift and some custom wheels. I like the new trend of black wheels.

Since our relocation several of these day dreams have focused onfour wheeling. I tend to fluctuate between muscle cars, 4x4s and motorcycles depending on time of year, location or just what's in front of me at the moment. I was actually toying with the idea of buying my old F-150 back and updating it. Our proximity to Moab and the mountain trails right here in our part of Colorado have my short spanned attention right now.

Of course here in a few weeks I'll be wanting to break out the motorcycle and ride. Last month I had my attentions turned on the new Yamaha Vmax. That thing looks pretty stonkin' too. At $17,000 dollars it's a little out of my price range however. Right now I can't afford a new back tire for the FZ1. Who knows, maybe in a few years. The beautiful thing about motorcycles is I can usually afford a pretty awesome ride and get something shiny and new for a decent price.

Now that I've got that off my just maybe I'll stop bugging Lisa with my annoying fantasies.

No comments: