Sunday, May 18, 2008

May 15 thru May 18, 2008

I ran home this weekend for some chores and a little visit to my nephew, Edison. I haven't seen him since about February and it's been too long. He's an awesome little dude. He spent a lot of time walking from the kitchen to the living room just because he can, which is a good place to be in life. He's smiley and reserved, a little bashful but friendly and he made up to Lisa. But even more impressive is that Lisa made up to him. It was great to see Edison.

Then we prepared for our moving sale (or garage sale as I mistakenly kept referring to it). Late last year we gave away a small warehouse of stuff to Goodwill. We were kicking ourselves not because we could have made money from it but because our sale was a little sad. We kept getting the "Is this it?" question from everyone. It got to the point where the minute someone walked in I lied and told them we had already sold everything.

After that we saw Iron Man. Not sure what the fuss is about. It was okay but pretty much the same as all the comicbook movies. It was good, I like Robert Downey Jr. and he was pretty entertaining. Lisa wasn't happy that I made her sit through the credits to see the lame little scene at the end.

Finally, I got back to Virginia in enough time to see Valentino Rossi win his 90th race. He's now the second most winning racer in Moto GP history.

All in all it was a pretty good weekend. I'm tired though.

No comments: