Monday, May 5, 2008

Another Demo Day


You would think things like this would make me happy. Usually they do but today during demo I got a little sad at the thought that I may not get to do this much longer. The job I've applied for doesn't involve high explosives, not directly anyway. Up until now I've had a few reservations about leaving but it's usually outweighed by the fact that I'll come home every night to Lisa. Today was the first day that I actually started thinking about what I'm going to be giving up. I've joked about it before but my life is as close to perfect as a non-millionaire can get. With ten years time invested in my current employer I guess it's natural that I'm having second thoughts. But I've really had so many great opportunities because of the job. I've spent a year and a half on Wake Island and as a result got to see Hawaii as well. I've road-tripped through Canada and been from San Francisco to New York City. And let's not forget all of the sweet places I've got to ride the motorcycle. I once received a book on the 25 greatest rides in the US (from the American Motorcyclist Association) and reading through it I realized that I had been on about 15 of them. And lest we forget, I get to do things like this...

No comments: