Saturday, March 25, 2006

Saturday Night's Alright

I'm doing something I haven't done in awhile. I'm sitting around drinking and surfing the internet. This should be interesting. I'm quaffing Guiness and listening to Dwight Yokam on iTunes. I don't particularly like country music. It seems like a bunch of carpet baggers who pander to middle aged women and earnest servicemen. I may have even had a ranting, raving post on the stupidity of "Live Life Like You Were Dying". I don't get that guy's appeal. You know he's bald under that hat, right? I know Dwight is bald under his hat too but for some reason that just makes him cooler.

As you, my loyal readers know, several months back I had an expensive accident when I tried to share a Yuengling with my iBook. I'm keeping the Guiness far away tonight.

I had the pleasure of hearing from a pen pal from Canada tonight. She and I have been corresponding since 1998 or 99 without having ever met. I was working on Wake Island and bored out of my mind so I used Yahoo personals to find someone to write to. Jo has a great temperament and I give her full credit for our being buddies these past eight years. Over the last few years the emails have been dropping off as we've both been growing personally. There was never anything more than a mutual love of Rush and Tuborg beer between us but life changes and priorities shift. I swear to God I'm going to Canada soon to meet her face to face. Tonight, I got an email with pictures of Jo and Cam's (Jo's husband) brand new baby! I'm proud to present Trenton Cameron Chase Wheler -



Is it me our does he have a killer tan?

No comments: