Thursday, March 16, 2006

Home Leave

It's been a while since the last post. There are several reasons. I flew home last weekend for home leave. For some reason I didn't enjoy it as much as I should have. I got to see Mom and Dad and that was about it. I ran in to one brother and his family in the mall and that was about it. A trip home is always a mixed bag of contentedness, joy, boredom and guilt and some sadness. I'm usually home for a few days. It usually takes that many days to myself to unwind. The only problem with this is I don't make an effort to see family and friends. I promise, I'll get better. Now having said that, to all friends and family reading this, you know where I live and I love to entertain.

It's hard to articulate the contentedness I feel just walking out the door to my drive way. My place is nothing special, this is the view from the front door:

My Yard In The Fog

I love it when it's foggy in the morning. I love to wash the dishes and clean the house when it's cold and rainy out. One of my favorite memories is of the year of the big blizzard when I was stuck inside for a few days. I own a duplex and my cousin lives in the other side. I spent a week of walking next door, playing XBox, drinking beer and generally avoiding the outside world. Ah life was grand that month.

2 comments:

Bryce said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.