Monday, February 27, 2006

Next From HBO!

I use to work with this religious guy. He wasn't overbearing but was sure of his faith. I always love to have philosophical discussions at work. I'm strictly an amateur and Branden actually had a degree in Philosophy, but I didn't feel out gunned necessarily. I remember some heated discussions, some even resulting in voices being raised. Of course I can do that and remain friends with someone and he was the same. One of our ongoing arguments concerned homosexuality. He, being religious, felt it was a sin and I of course don't. A point he always liked to make was that sometimes there is a right and wrong. Just because society has slowly been accepting gays over the years doesn't make it right. He wondered what would keep the polygamists or pederasts from starting a lobbying effort, or someone trying to give sheep the vote. My argument was that people instinctively know the difference and there are things society will never accept. I'm starting to wonder however. HBO is producing a new series about a polygamist and his three wives. I'm incredibly tolerant of religions, sexual orientations, race or social class and I haven't seen Big Love yet (so I don't want to judge) but I'm outta here when HBO has a series about a guy who weds a sheep.

No comments: