Saturday, February 25, 2006

Don Knotts


I just heard the news that Don knotts has passed away. It's strange how that bit of news has affected me. I've always associated Mr. Knotts with happy memories. I'm going to slip into old man mode here as I reminisce about The Andy Griffith Show. Back in the 70's, pre-150 channel cable, I would come home from school and settle down in front of the t.v. for two back to back episodes. It was one of those things you grow out of as you get older, not to mention I watched it so much I even now have most of the episodes ingrained in my memory. In my mind Andy Giffith was passé. It was only years later when I caught some episodes on Nick at Nite, did I remember and appreciate the gentle humor. It actually holds up well. Don reminded me of an uncle and he influenced my sense of humor a great deal. I'll always remember Don Knotts fondly.

No comments: