Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Me.

I don't have a very detailed profile posted so I thought I would take a minute to write some stuff about myself. I'm 41 and engaged (for the first time if you can believe that). My previous relationships had lasted no longer than six months, and that is not an exaggeration. I think I could only have had this relationship by obtaining a certain point of maturity. I was too spastic to be attractive until I became comfortable with myself first. I know that sounds very Doctor Phil but in my case it was the truth. I really believed that I was destined to never meet anyone. I have some great stories that may make it to other posts sometime.

So I fell in love with Lisa and that part of my life took an unbelievable turn for the best. It's going to come across like a bad romance novel but I only thought I had been in love before her. I guess you really do know it when it comes along. I felt right at ease with her from the very first date. We still rarely argue and always have fun no matter what we're doing.

So up until then I had a pretty darn good life, but with Lisa it became terrific. I took the name for my blog from the Joe Walsh song of the same title. I've got no reason to complain and when I do it's always something lame and really not worth the effort. I've mentioned before how this blog started out as a night of drunken web surfing. It was going to be a place to rant and rave about things that irk me but it's kind of turned into more of a diary, I enjoy going back and reading my old entries. Turns out I'm not really into bitching. I still get a snide dig in every once in awhile though. I've started more of those types of blog entries than actually get posted.

I've got two brothers, both younger, and my parents. We're a close family as I've mentioned before. I think Lisa and her family are very much like my family and I'm sure it's part of why we get along so well.

Another reason I think I get along with Lisa is because she has accepted the inner nerd in me with some bemused tolerance and understanding. I had never met a woman I had felt comfortable revealing my love of Star Wars and Batman to before. I was a huge fan of comic books and still read them occasionally but don't follow them like I used to. She thinks it's cute that I'm easily distracted by the Hot Wheels cars when we're shopping at Walmart. I'm glad. Still can't get her to watch Hellboy though.

One more thing, I love all the versions of Bad Finger's No Matter What, including, but not limited to Def Leppard's, Great White's, The Knack's and Judge Nothing's.

No comments: