Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Home Leave in Denver

Lee & Me
Lee & Me,
originally uploaded by briankeithglass.
I just got back from Denver. My company sends me home about once a month on longer jobs for home leave. I went to Denver to see Lisa this time. We had a great time. We went to the Comedy Works with some of Lisa's colleges. It was a good show, I only wish I could remember the names of the comedians, they were pretty good. On Saturday night we got a hotel room in the Cherry Creek area, After Lisa got her hair done we had a couple of martini's at the bar in the hotel and took a taxi to The Samba Room in downtown Denver. Lisa took me there two years ago to celebrate our anniversary. It's been my favorite restaurant ever since. We don't go often though to keep the mystique. They have a drink called the Mojita, I'm not sure what's in it. I do know it has rum, a sugar cane stalk and mint leaves and tastes like a little glass of heaven.

On Sunday we went up to Silverthorn. I helped Lisa's brother, Chris put the motor back in his 650 Ninja. He's had the engine rebuilt. He's a painter in a body shop and is excellent at his job. He's painted the bike pearl white and it's looking sharp. After we got the motor back in we all went to Old Chicago. Lisa and Chris are members of the world beer tour and after Sunday, so am I. I love the idea of drinking beers from around the world and getting prizes for it. Genius.

On Monday I picked Lisa up from work so she could take me to the airport. We left a little early and had lunch at the Blue Bonnet, a pretty decent mexican restaurant. It's one of Lisa's old haunts, P.B. (pre-Brian). We had a few more hours to kill so we went to Pasquini's for desert. As I write this, I'm starting to think we did a lot of eating and some drinking.

We had a great weekend. One of the things I love about Lisa is that she gets me to do things I would otherwise never bother to do. She does it without nagging or annoying me. She just gets me to do it because it's so much fun to do these things with her. Life is still good.

No comments: