Saturday, July 16, 2005

Patterson, California

So I'm living at a Best Western Inn (and Resort, don't ask me what that's about) in Patterson California. We have been here since about the 6th of June. It's in a valley, which I think is the San Joquin valley though some people told me it wasn't. There are row upon row of apricot trees, feed corn, and other produce I'm unfamiliar with everywhere. There is also a lot of heat. Damn near Phoenix heat. It was 107 yesterday. Riding the bike is like putting a heat gun to your head. Lisa is lucky to be in Colorado right now, although I'm missing her a lot.

My usual routine (and our's when she's here) is to go to Modesto, about twenty miles up the road. We go on every Friday to a movie at the Brenden Theaters and sometimes get a hod dog from a place around the corner that serves veggie dogs for Lisa. Yesterday I saw The Wedding Crashers and haven't laughed so hard since "Something About Mary".

The drive to Modesto goes through the farmland so you get all sorts of unsavory smells. There is a stock yard at the intersections of Crow's Landing Road and Highway 99 however, that rapes the olafactory glands. This is in a part of town with several businesses too. It's not like it's in the middle of no where.

The area is an mixed blessing for motorcycle riding. Right across I-5 is one of the most enjoyable, twistiest roads I've ever rode (CA 130). Everywhere else are these straight for miles feild access roads. It takes what seems forever to get anywhere and unfortunately the only non-interstate way to the bay area is 130 which cuts twenty miles off the trip but adds an hour. Still it is fun.

No comments: