Sunday, December 18, 2005

My Second Favorite Blogger

I was surfing around on Flikr and ran across a photo from Planet Pixel and checked out his blog. It has a hilarious post on the whole Tookie Williams protests. I especially liked the dig on Sean Penn. I feel an immediate connection with anyone who takes a shot at Sean Penn, kind of a kindred spirit thing. So anyway, I read the rest of the blog and realized that Jim from Cleveland is a lot like me except a much better writer. My blog is stymied by my desire to write my feelings down no-holds-barred but with the realization that other people will be reading them. I know I've covered this in past posts but I guess it eats at me. My first favorite blooger is my brother, Bryce, of course. Now there's a fellow that puts it out there. When he gets on a roll he can be one of the best writers I've ever read. And there's only just a little brotherly favoritism in that. I can think of no one else that could find a tie to Wendy's new ad campaign and Aleister Crowley's writings. And he made the connection from the comic V For Vendetta. How's that for connecting the dots. It's people like Bryce, and Jim from Cleveland and a lot of other interesting people who blog, that inspire me to try harder.

Actually while I'm on brothers I would be neglectful if I didn't mention my other brother, Brent. I mention him not because he reads the blog sometimes and I don't want him getting jealous of the Bryce lovefest. I'm bringing him up because of his pride and joy the Ohio Express girls' basketball club. It has been taking off thanks to his hard work. Being the oldest brother is something akin to being a parent I imagine. For the longest time you think of your younger brothers as your little brothers. That's not the case at all. Both of my brothers have surpassed me in many aspects and have become fine men that I would enjoy being around even if we weren't family. Although it's like yesterday that the three of us were laying around the bedroom they shared in Lyndhurst watching the "new" Mickey Mouse Club (the one with Lisa Welchel, not Britney Spears) on a nine inch black and white UHF television. I can't imagine having a sibling that you hate or can't stand to be around, my mother and father and two brother's have been (along with Lisa now) what have kept me sane during the thirteen years I've been on the road living in hotels.

On a final note, Brent & Bryce, do not show this post to Mom!!!

3 comments:

My Boring Best said...

Brian,

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and thanks for the kind words here! I truly appreciate that.

It's true that the whole blogging thing can be a little strange. At times, I find myself wondering if I should write something or not because others will be seeing it. In fact, my earlier posts were much more personal because I didn't have that many visitors.

Now I try to keep things on the bigger picture but with a personal touch. In the end, I think it's worth it. I've made a few friends and the feedback from others is always interesting - and challenging.

Keep up the great blog, and visit mine often.

Happy Holidays,
Jim

Brian said...

Thanks Jim, I'm the same way. It was a lot easier to be flip, or caustic or just more personal in the beginning because I didn't think anyone was reading it. I found out my brother and his friends (and a few of my friends) found it. Now it's alway in the back of my mind that I'm writing something people are reading. It can be a little intimidating.

Thanks for the comments. And Happy Holidays to you also,
Brian

Bryce said...

Too late, bro. It's on like Hostess Ding Dongs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bryce/78823511/