Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Lisa & Sophie

Lisa & Sophie II
Lisa & Sophie II,
originally uploaded by briankeithglass.
This is a picture from Thanksgiving that I thought was cute. It's of my fiancé and her mom's dog, Sophie. I actually named Sophie when Lisa's mom first brought her home as a puppy. Lisa's mom, brother, sister, Lisa and I were having dinner at their favorite Mexican resturaunt. They were floating all kinds of suggestions but nothing really fit. Than in an unexplained flash I blurted out, "How about Sophie?" Everyone stopped talking and looked at me with what I briefly thought was a collective look of of disbelief, but it turned out they approved. I don't know why I thought of that name but I'm glad I came up with it. I felt like my acceptance to the Miller family was solidified. It's been over a year now and Sophie is a big, goofy pooch with a talent for knocking things over while chasing Opie the cat.

No comments: