Monday, July 20, 2009

Some Miscellaneous Stuff.

Sometimes Lisa will tell me she thinks about how she isn't very affectionate. It's true that she doesn't hug me unexpectedly very often but I know she loves me when she sends me an email like this one she sent today, "Would you like to pack a lunch and come eat with me today?". It's very sweet and it makes me feel good that she wants to see me. Our sixth year together is coming up in 6 days and I've been thinking how blessed I am to have such a great wife and great dog. I have what was missing for the first 38 years of my life, a loving family all my own.

And before I start sounding sappy or whipped, let me say I'm grateful for the latest David Beckham brouhaha. I enjoy the fact that this unashamedly desperate and cynical publicity stunt for US soccer has failed so miserably. Sometimes the mob isn't so easily led which gives me hope. I'm not sure of the statistics but I think soccer is no more popular now than it was in 2007. As far as I can tell the only people that care about Beckham are E! and disgruntled Galaxy fans. Go back to England and take you underwear and skinny wife with you.

And I just learned DC Comics killed Batman. First Captain America (or Steve Rogers anyway) and now Bruce Wayne. Is nothing sacred?

No comments: