Sunday, April 12, 2009

An Obligatory Journal Entry

With nothing on my mind and nothing new to talk about I thought I better try to write something.  Here we are almost halfway through April and I’m falling behind in the entry count.  Time to start rambling I guess.

 Some odds and ends:

·         We went to Denver last night for a dinner with Lisa’s family to celebrate her 33rd. It was a good time, but I was beat and the ride home was absolutely miserable.  Lisa was disappointed that she didn’t get to go to the newest trendy place in Denver, the D Bar.  It’s a dessert bar, I guess the owner is on some reality show.  We went by at 8:30 and the place was packed.

·         I finally convinced Lisa to watch Fight Club.  It wasn’t what she expected and she found it disturbing but gave it a mild endorsement of okay.  I think it’s hilarious and brilliant, just like the book.

·         Another brilliant movie I watched last week was Layer Cake.  Like Fight Club it’s based on a great book.  The author of the book wrote the screenplay for the movie and while most of it was true to his novel the ending was quite different.  I  both although the book’s ending was a little more satisfying.

·         I finally found an app on Facebook I like.  It’s the Living Social one that allows you to compile lists of your top five whatevers.  Like most all things on Facebook it’s a time waster, but it’s got a nice interface and big good looking thumbnails, plus it lets you pick your top five beers.  If it has one flaw, it’s that I can’t pick just five top beers or guitarists.

·         And finally, today – it’s Easter morning, it snowed most of the morning, got warm and starting turning to slush.  And Lisa is going to the final Avalanche game of the season and I had to work.  Nuts. 

No comments: