Friday, June 13, 2008

Things That Made Me Happy Today

I was driving back home from Virginia for the last time (with Shaw anyway) and was in an extremely good mood. Everything seemed so much better for some reason. I'm appreciating what's around me more. Some of the things from my trip that made me happy were:

  • the twang in Dwight Yokam's voice
  • a perfect downshift and up shift on a hilly, curvy section of I-70 in Maryland
  • the sunrise over the fog covered Allegheny Mountains from Sideling Hill rest stop
  • the smell of the woods of southeastern Ohio (sometimes broken air conditioning works out for the better)
  • Exactly two Budweisers and 1 shot of tequila.

Don't worry, that last one happened last night, not on the drive home. It was the memory that made me happy. Not a bad day for Friday the 13th.

No comments: