Monday, September 16, 2013

A Plan

I'm not much of one for mid-life crises but I'll be turning 50 in a few years and while driving in to work I got to thinking about that.  What I consider a brilliant idea hit my like a bolt of lightning.  I am also not one for grand gestures but this one seems appropriate.  In 2015 I plan on taking a three week motorcycle ride around the outer perimeter of the US.  That strikes me as a worthy gesture if not grand.  I'll be planning and preparing for the next two two years and updating periodically as I go.

Some things I've already thought about:

It would be nice to have an iPad or a smart phone of some kind.  I've survived up until now without either but I think it might be nice to put updates on Facebook and this blog and Riding Stories

I'm particularly excited to get a photo of me and the bike at the furthest point south in the US.

And finally, how much money can I save up in two years.

Looking forward to daydreaming about this one for awhile.

No comments: