Friday, August 14, 2009

More Health Care, Again, Some More

Okay, let's get something strait right away. I don't think Obama is setting up "Death Panels" although as far as political hyperbole goes it has a nice ring to it. Take all the misinformation on all sides of this argument and throw all of them out but one. It's not the government's job to provide health care (along with the thousands of things it's not government's job to do). I know that's not an excuse. I actually saw one of these so called "reality checks" that have been popping up lately proclaim that the bill was alright because the government is already running health care. Oh, okay, I feel stupid for being against it I guess.

All you need to know is that we already pay 42 percent of our income to some form of tax (give or take, depends where you get your numbers, and of course I'm stacking them in my favor). The biggest problem with liberalism is the fact that liberals for the most part are really sincere in their desire to help those less fortunate. I'm the same way and believe me if I had about 30 percent more of my income there would be some happy charities.

I wish I hadn't been a crack pot anti-government loud mouth all these years because now when it really counts I just sound like my old dumb-ass self. In all sincerity I believe this is the worst case of government over stepping it's bounds since the Patriot Act.

My wife and I have had a series of medical issues the past two years and despite what anyone is saying I am out of this world happy with my coverage. I'm sorry if that is selfish, and I'm sorry if I'm buying into some of those propaganda style messages but I don't want people that can't deliver my mail efficiently "dabbling" in my insurance. And even though the "fact checkers" cover some of the more contentious aspects of the different bills out there, there are plenty of bad ideas to go around. And in case you didn't get the sarcasm of the parenthesis around fact checker let me just say I'm more than a little suspicious of what passes for impartial journalism these days.

Read HR 3200 here, and see what you think.

No comments: