Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving Day Part I

After three months apart, Lisa and I finally got to see each other for Christmas. I didn't realize how rough those three months were until I saw her at the Denver Airport waiting for me. We had a great weekend. We drove to the mountains to see the alleged grave of Buffalo Bill. Apparently he has several resting places scattered through out the west. Thanksgiving dinner was a nice low key event, just us and Lisa's sister, Jennifer. Jennifer is a very nice person who cooked the entire meal and puts up with Lisa's snowball assaults. Lisa's Mom and brother, Chris, were in Missouri visiting Chris's children. The great thing about Lisa's family is how close they are. They remind me very much of my own family. I guess that's why we get along so well. We have very similar disposistions. I can usually predict how she'll act in a given situation because it's the same way I would react.

We also picked out Lisa's wedding ring. It's pretty and she loves it. We saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It was good, I'm not sure if I liked it as much as the last one, I think I did. We painted pottery at Lisa's friend, Stephanie's shop. That's one of our favorite things to do. I love to watch Lisa paint, she always looks so peaceful and happy. We walked around the 16th Street Mall area and had drinks at the Samba room and some fancy bowling alley that I can't recall the name of. According to the newspapers on the wall in the bathroom, the one in Hollywood is a favorite hangout of Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore and other celebrities. It was a cool but expensive bar/bowling alley.

All in all it was a great weekend and the best part of it was being with Lisa after being apart for three months.

No comments: