Saturday, March 28, 2020

One Last Coronavirus Post For Now

I'm sure that everybody is tired of hearing about the Coronavirus but seeing as no one reads this blog I'm going to do one more.

Between 1998 and 1999 (literally, this happened over Christmas and New Years week) I came down with a flu.  I'm not sure if it was a seasonal flu or what, I just remember hearing the usual anecdotal stories about everyone catching it.

I was visiting my Mom and Dad and spent the next week immobilized in my old bedroom while Dad poked his head in occasionally to check on me.  Although, the condition I was in he could have just as easily sat right next to me and I never would have known.  I remember there was talk of going to an emergency room but I can't remember if I went or not and if I did it didn't help.  I think I was too sick to go.

One thing I do remember is that I have never been in such pain.  I've never experienced such a searing fever followed instantaneously by bone aching chills as I had that week.  It sounds very similar to the tales survivors of Coronavirus are telling now.  All I know is I don't want to experience that ever again.  In my 30's and in much better shape than I'm in now it was no joke.

Take this shit serious.

No comments: