Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving was different. Lisa's friends from Washington came to visit. They, like Lisa, are vegetarians. I am not. Lisa doesn't really cook so I had the honor of making a vegetarian dinner. I made Ratatouille. It's an actual dish and not just an animated film. It turned out pretty good (it was no turkey though).

Lisa's friends are also screaming liberals. It was tough, the husband kept trying to bait me. They knew I am a Libertarian so I think it was testing me a little. Believe it or not I'm a pretty tolerant guy of other people's opinions, face to face anyway, and I also find it bad form to argue politics with a guest. I was sorely tempted though cause this guy was the kind of lib that Sean Hannity delights in sterotyping. I had to drink a lot of whiskey to make it through that night. The husband is Scottish so being European it's understandable. No less annoying, but understandable. I think the only thing we agreed on was that Daniel Craig is the best James Bond since Sean Connery.

It really wasn't that bad they are both nice people so I only lost sleep one night thinking of all the things I wished I had said.

No comments: