Friday, November 7, 2008

A New Era

Well, I thought I would write some stuff down and check back in four years and see how things are going. I would like to try to look at things objectively and I'm going to start practicing right now. While I'm Libertarian, I'm not blind to the weaknesses of that idealogy. So since this is the beginning of a new, exciting time (for some people anyway) and this is the first time I've had a blog for a new President it seems like a good time to try being objective. I don't remember seeing so many happy people after an election, not even when Clinton won. I've noticed the press has already started stirring it up, accusing Obama's choice as Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel, as partisan. It may be true (apparenly he once sent a dead fish to a rival) but do we have to hear about it already?

So for the history record, the unemployment rate is at a 14 year high of 6.5 (which was midway through Clinton's first term). Ford announced a $129 million third quarter loss and gas is at $1.97 at the Qwik Trip on our block. I'm curious to see how much changes. I hope I can keep up my interest for the next four years. I hope things get better, right now I'm feeling a little hopeful myself but I'm sure that'll pass in a few hours.

No comments: