Sunday, July 16, 2006

A Moment Of Peace

This week has certainly sucked. I'm watching ABC Sunday Evening News as they are reporting on the Hezbollah rocket attack on Haifa and thinking back to Friday and a happy thought. Lisa's last day of work was Thursday. She's leaving tomorrow for Ohio. She'll be there a week before me, starting to get things ready for the wedding. On Friday she went with a friend to Mix 100's live morning show broadcast. I didn't have work, so thru the wonder of the internet I listened to the show. Lisa was doing a little contest and the DJ's were talking to her. Jane, the female half of the duo, commented that Lisa had been there early and was very polite. That made me smile. It was exciting in some geek/nerd way to hear her on the radio all the way in Denver while I'm in Conway, Arkansas. I guess in the grand technological scheme of things it's not even that cutting edge, with Vonage and video conferencing and a thousand gadgets I don't even know about. I still got a thrill out of hearing Lisa being cute over my computer. She's the peaceful center of my world and as I sit here and watch the world blow the crap out of itself I feel like giving her a call.

No comments: