Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Critical Shortage Of Causes Haunt Celebrities


Poor Daryl Hannah, Leonardo DeCaprio, Ed Harris and Charlie Sheen (?!?). It seems like we're going down hill in the cause department. From the big one, war, to immigration and on down the scale to Tom Cruise's bizarre grudge against pharmaceuticals, it's been a good year for watching Hollywood show it's ass. I remember laughing out loud when I heard Charlize Theron take an oath to not marry until gays and lesbians could marry. Daryl and her erstwhile friends are attempting to save a 14 acre garden in LA.. Or I should say were. It seems that someone realized that the leggy, blonde nut in the walnut tree was actually Daryl at which time she was promptly removed. On the surface it seems like a small, worthy cause I guess. 350 families grew food there, the owner decided to sell his land on which a werehouse would be built. No one wants to see 350 families go hungry. It turns out most of the people had already been successfully relocated. I hate to see 14 acres of pleasant green vegetation disappear but is it really worth living in a tree for 3 weeks? I guess it is for some people. Good for her.

"I felt an extreme sense of urgency. Not only did I have to climb up the tree, I had to pull up the rope behind me so they could not follow me," the actress told the Los Angeles Times by cell phone from her tree perch.
Has there ever been a funnier quote? Celebs, it's like two for the price of one with them. We get to enjoy their movies and be entertained by their real world exploits. There's nothing they can't do.

Since that whole issue is resolved maybe we can all go back to praying for a day when Charlize Theron can marry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

B

I really enjoyed reading that post...very funny.

Brian said...

Thank you A! I haven't felt like posting much lately so I thought I'd better just come up with something so I don't get out of the mood.