Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy Anniversary

It's hard to believe but it's been a year for this blog. A lot has happened in that time, the biggest and best thing being the engagement to Lisa. We're in the middle of planning the wedding and I'm getting excited. I'm getting excited to have the wedding over and get on to the marriage. That'll be the fun part I believe. We started off the year great. Lisa came up to Alaska to meet me and that was actually the subject (kind of) of my first post. We went to New York City, California and everywhere between. It was a lot of fun. We've been apart for the second half of the year and it's not been a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to when she comes back on the road with me.

I'm surprised to still be posting here, I've been close to stopping more than once. It's usually out of frustration. I didn't care for the way the blog was going but I decided to write it for myself and if people read it great, if not that was okay too. Like my Flikr page I started getting wrapped up in site hits and views. I'm glad to say I got over that quick. It's a lot more enjoyable for me to be posting for me, but if anyone needs a picture of Joe Walsh don't hesitate to ask. Instead of ending this blog, I've actually started another one for my motorcycle rides, Riding.

I used to try an old fashioned journal back before the internet and just couldn't keep it going. This has been easier, it makes me wish blogs had been around back "in the day". I'm looking forward to the second year of Life's Been Good. I'm going to make a prediction about the coming year, it's going to be as good as the last.

No comments: