Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Politics On The Web, Include Me Out...

...almost.

My brother, Bryce, is a big blogger and I've enjoyed reading his blog Soldierant for a while. It's actually what helped inspire me to try this. That and the fact that I felt bad for writing long rambling email rants to him on things he didn't really care about. I take issue with the claim that I was inspired by Rosie O'Donnell's blog, however. I guess in a roundabout way it's true. At first I wanted to post rants of a political bent, I'm a Libertarian with conservative leanings. I figured given what I know of Rosie I would have a month's worth of material. It turns out that the most objectional thing I could find in my brief viewing was the weird haiku style she writes in.

I've decided to down play politics, everyone does it and none of us know what we are talking about. The level of hyperbole going around these days is starting to get scary. I don't agree with many of George Bush's policies but I didn't agree with a lot of Clinton's either but this stuff is getting ridiculous. Here's what I mean by hyperbole, and of course the the other side. Who knows the truth? But it seems that everyone agrees that in Newsweeks rush to come up with the next Abu Ghraib the magazine jeopardized it's journalistic integrity.

Well so much for keeping the politics down. I plan on covering my travels next time, I promise.

More to come...

No comments: