Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine Weekend '10

It's been a pretty good weekend. My work schedule is arranged so that I only have to take one day of vacation to get four days off thanks to President's day. Our nephew, Garrin came to spend a few days. I almost got him into model building. We did put a Legos Star Wars model together, that's close. I couldn't believe he didn't want to build a snap kit Corvette to take home at the Rod and Bike show we went to on Saturday. Kids.

The car show was a decent one. It was a little small but they had some nice bikes and cars on display.

Sunday night Lisa and I had a Valentine dinner at the Briarhurst Manor. We saw an episode of Ghosthunters filmed there. I guess it's one of their claims to fame. We didn't get to see any ghosts but the six course meal we had was pretty decent.

The following day we went to Denver and used a gift card for the AMC theater to see the Wolfman. It was just okay. I was surprised by the young age of some of the kids. It's got a well earned R rating for violence.

My favorite part of the weekend was setting up Lisa's Wii. I enjoyed it so much because we finally have a mutual interest in video games. The bowling is a hoot even though Lisa is kicking my butt at it.

It was a long weekend but a good one.

No comments: