Friday, February 5, 2010

New Month

I've got nothing. I just haven't posted anything this month. I've thought up a lot of wonderful genius entries while restlessly tossing in bed at night or while showering early in the morning. The only problem is none of it sticks.

Right now I'm finding it funny that NBC was offering fried chicken and collared greens in their cafeteria for Black History Month. The only thing missing was watermelon. According to this little blurb it really wasn't a big deal. I'm sure there was no malicious intent there.

Also, I'm irritated that the Commander and Chief of our armed forces doesn't know how to pronounce "Corpsmen". I learned that when I was about 9 years old from my Grandfather who served in World War II. I learned it because of all his stories the ones he told most were the stories of these "crazy unarmed guys" that would pull the wounded soldiers off the battlefield. I think anyone that heroic should at least have their title pronounced correctly. Even as a nine year old boy I understood that. Is it a big deal? Probably not. Am I making a big deal over something just because I don't like Obama? Probably. But it's the little things that matter.

No comments: