Thursday, September 4, 2008

Places I've Been (Up To 2000)

While going through my old filing cabinet I came across a "resume" I was compiling for work way back when (on Wake Island). It had a lot of my old jobs listed. I wanted to record them before the paper was lost.
  • Ft Sill, Oklahoma with HFA - April 1993 to Oct 1993
  • Pueblo, Colorado with HFA still - November 1993 to Feburary 1994
  • Ft Ord, California (Oceanside) from March 1994 to April 1994. I met Dan here again after kind of knowing him in Tech School.
  • Ft Sill, Oklahoma again from April 94 until November 94
  • During the down time I was working at Pizza Hut in Zanesville
  • Jefferson Proving Grounds, Indiana for a company called PRC - April 1995 to May 1995
  • Camp Simms, Maryland (southeast D.C) back with HFA thanks to Don Mears - July 1995 to August 1995
  • Ft Devins, Massachusettes from August 1995 to October 95. That was an interesting time and still kind of a favorite of mine. I first met Andrea there.
  • Ft Meade, Maryland from October 95 until February 1997, a long one. We had a huge blizzard in Feburary 96. Also my last job with HFA.
  • Ft Wingate in Gallup, New Mexico for CMS - April 1997 to September 97. This is the job I got my Vmax on.
  • Ft Ord again, this time with the IT Corporation (my employer for the next ten years). This was from September 1997 until December 1997.
  • China Lake NAS in California - December 1997
  • Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama. My first of many visits there over the years. January 1998 until April 1998. I went back and forth between Ft Ord and here for awhile.
  • Wake Island, Hawaii - June 1998 until August 1999. I could write several entries on this island by itself.
  • Ravenna Army Ammunition Plant in Ravenna, Ohio. My one and only job in my home state, although I did return there briefly before quitting Shaw earlier this year.
  • Edgewood, Maryland - November 1999 to January 2000.

That's pretty much where my list leaves off. I'm going to try to go back and fill in seven more years of information. It'll be hard, especially those one or two week (or sometimes one or two days) jobs.

2 comments:

Bryce said...

You could probably record these on Geni as 'Events' too if you need another way to keep track of things...

Brian said...

I was thinking of that and I might later. Right now I feel guilty cause I've been flooding everyone's inbox with my Genie activities. Geni was partially behind this post too, that and finding that old resume.