Sunday, July 27, 2008

Quick Rundown

I thought I would put up a brief record of the weekend. I've been in Cincinnati since last Sunday training for the new job so I got to run home this weekend to Zanesville. I stopped in Columbus to see Bryce. Unfortunately his air conditioning was broke so little Edison was at his Grandma and Grandpa's in Mansfield. I had a nice time with Bryce albeit brief. I had a gyro from East Side Cafe. It was pretty good. I headed home and met up with and took Brent home, picked up Ashley's friend Abbey and brought her and Ash back to Mom & Dad's to spend the night. I was beat so I was able to go straight upstairs to bed missing out on my Mom explaining The Lake House to my hyperactive teenage niece and her hyperactive friend.

The next morning was the moment I've been waiting for. I took the nieces to see The Dark Knight. It wasn't a perfect movie but it was as good as the hype. It wasn't anywhere close to as violent as a lot of people make it out to be. Most of the real violence was out of view and it wasn't as bad as a lot of other PG-13 movies I've seen.

Later in the day Rachel and Ashley wanted to see Step Brothers and against my better judgement I went. The funniest thing about it was that it was rated R and half the audience were in the neighborhood of 12 to 10. It earned it's R too. And it sucked, out loud.

After the movie I went to visit my cousin Jim. He's been doing a lot of fix up projects on his house and it looks 100% better.

Sunday I spent a little time with Mom and Dad and headed back toward Cincinnati.

There you have it. If you read all of that you must be pretty bored, with nothing better to do.

2 comments:

Bryce said...

Sounds like a fine weekend to me! (It was Easy Street Cafe, too.) Sorry you missed Edison—we'll have to come visit you soon.

Brian said...

Yeah, I knew that wasn't right. Eastside Cafe is that dive on Greenwood isn't it.

You guys are welcome anytime.