Saturday, July 5, 2008

More From This Weekend

Lisa went home to visit her family in Denver for a week or so before she gets tied to a job. She left at 3:30 a.m. this morning and is camping as I write this. That means it's just me and the girl. I just got back from taking her for a walk which we had to cut short because of fireworks. They tend to spook her as they do most dogs. This week will be the first time Moon and I have been alone without Lisa. Lisa is afraid I'll forget to feed Moon for some reason, you forget to feed a dog once and you're branded for life.

I got to take a motorcycle ride for the first time this year. I was pissed at myself for not taking care of the maintenance issues sooner. As soon as I got on the road I regretted all the time on the bike I've missed. The ride was decent. I'm worried about the state of riding in this area however. On the Illinois side of the river it's flat, boring farmland. One of the biggest problems I had with taking a job in one place was the thought of all the different places I won't be riding now. No more Pacific Coast Highway or Rocky Mountains. I still have the Ozarks.

I've been a little elusive on the new job for reasons I explained in another post. I know for a fact that one of the guys from another office Googles to find references on the web about it so I'm trying to keep it off Life's Been Good. I can say that I work for the Federal government and as you can probably guess, it's been a bitter pill. I know it's hard to take me serious when I go on my crazy man rants against big government, half the time I'm not even being serious. I really do believe that most things the federal government does is wasteful. I swore when I got out of the Air Force I would go into politics and reveal the irresponsible spending. Of course I never did and now that I've spent time in the corporate world where you're actually accountable for what you spend, the federal way seems even more ridiculous. I'm sure you'll get to hear more of my bitching in the future. The bad part is I'm a huge hypocrite so I'll try not to bitch too much.

No comments: