Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Limping On From Alabama

Well, as Homer Simpson once said, "Beer is the cause and cure of all the world's trouble". I've spilled a glass of beer on the computer a few weeks ago. It was an embarrassing display of sobriety gone awry, I can't even blame impaired coordination. The computer did start but the keyboard is not working so I've stolen a few minutes at work to put something down. I feel a little guilty if I don't post something every once in awhile.

I've done a few good rides since being in Alabama. A few weeks ago I rode to Georgia to check out Chickamauga Battlefield. I returned via Tennessee. It's beautiful country here. I took nothing but back rodes, a motorcycling cliché. Another is the idea of stopping at a small family diner for something to eat. I rarely do that and always feel a little guilty (again with the guilt). I usually stop at Taco Bell, McDonalds or Burger King. I stopped feeling guilty when I realized I don't ride to eat. I don't like taking time from the bike to wait on service. I do eat at the odd diner as a treat though. It makes it special that way.

Well it may be a while til the next post, I'm leaving Alabama tomorrow morning and who knows where I'll find the next computer.

1 comment:

freethoughtguy said...

Better begone from 'Bama before RITA hits!