Friday, August 5, 2005

Timpanogos Cave

Timpanogos Cave
Timpanogos Cave,
originally uploaded by briankeithglass.
Lisa and I went to the Timpanogos Cave National Monument today. It was a great adventure. The path from the visitor's center to the Caves has a change in elevation of 1000 feet in 1 1/2 mile. It was one steep climb. It's funny the people coming down the trail were very happy. After climbing up and touring the cave I saw why. It was just a big joy to be walking down hill. The cave wasn't bad, just some stair climbing. That was a long one and a half miles up the side of the mountain. The caves were interesting as far as geological features go. I learned a few things and had fun doing it! It's all part of the our grand obsession with National Parks. Lisa got me a Passport last year and now I have to go to the National Parks just to get a stamp from each place. I mean it's more than that of course. So far this year we've been to Denali in Alaska, Yosemite, Muir Woods and the Golden Gate Park in California, and Gold Spike and Timpanogos Cave in Utah. Sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging, I guess I am though. Remember my earlier entry about the benefits of my traveling circus of a job, this is a good example. We always have a good time and it keeps us close.

No comments: