Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Vacation

I took a week off to get some things done around the house.  So far I performed a half ass clean up of the garage.  Mostly I've enjoyed going to Starbucks in the morning and reading for an hour.  I'm reading The Videssos Cycle by Harry Turtledove.  I read it years (actually a decade) ago and loved it.  It's as good as I remember.  I know the sitting and reading at Starbucks is cliched, please don't bother pointing out Starbucks is a big heartless chain.  Lisa and I like to go to small coffee places too but let's face it a soy latte tastes pretty much the same the world 'round, at least to my untrained palate.  I figured I would have the place to myself on a week day morning, turns out the place is even busier in during the weekdays than when Lisa and I go on the weekend.  Apparently people that telecommute like to do it from Starbucks.  I haven't seen that many laptops since...well, nothing clever comes to mind.

Anyway, I've got to get going, I've got a whining dog that needs to be let out and some chores to do.

No comments: