Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Am I Wishy Washy?

I think the Republicans are starting to make a come back into the halls of power. It's a little hard to say. Maybe I'm just paying more attention recently. The reason I say this is because they are starting to get on my nerves a lot more lately. We really do have a short attention span don't? Last month it was immigration, this month it's that Goddamn mosque. Don't get me wrong, the Democrats are still my number one enemy as far as political parties go but as conservative as I am, I find that whoever is the loudest complainer at the moment is the one that bugs me the most. It's kind of like Atheists vs Christians to me. The loud ones are the most annoying. The same with gay marriage. I was thinking about this the other day and unless I'm missing something I'm now for polygamy too. I have to be consistent, and if I believe that interracial marriage and same sex marriage aren't harmful to society (which I really don't) then marriage between three or more consenting adults is okay to right? Maybe my logic is flawed.

I think my take on the "GZ Mosque" (again for the short attention spanned among us) is best summed up in this article in the National Review Online - A Very Long Post On Cordoba House and an op ed by Cato Institute's Gene Healy in the Washington Examiner - 'Mosque' debate is a red herring. That last one really speaks to me. There for awhile I was really excited when people started talking about the deficit and things that mattered. The common folk were (and still are) riled up but that got turned into and argument about Tea Parties being racist, what the...how did that happen? Is it a grand conspiracy to minimize important issues or is it news channels just trying to grab more ratings be sensationalizing everything.

Oh my beautiful country, our beautiful country. Can't we just stay focused.

No comments: