Saturday, March 3, 2007

Notes From An Island

Well, a little over two weeks ago I was freezing in Williamsburg, Virginia and now I find myself sweating buckets on Vieques Puerto Rico somewhere in the Caribbean. It's a fairly pretty spot. The work looks easy, just a ton of paperwork. I may be here for awhile (or two months). I'm hoping for two months myself. For some reason even though the flight is shorter than if I were flying from Ohio to California, it feels like a million miles from Lisa and Moon. Maybe it's the exotic local (I actually so two horses, one with an egret on it's back, walking down the middle of the road). Or maybe it's being on an island, sort of like Wake. Whatever it is, I'm experiencing a little homesickness right now.

I plan on taking a walk tomorrow and getting some pictures. I'll try to post some here. I guess some of Heartbreak Ridge was filmed here.

No comments: